Wednesday, September 22, 2010

preschool

The past couple of weeks have not been my favorite. Back in August, Hannah's two best girls friends moved away. I felt really bad for her because I know that she missed her friends. Every once in awhile she would say to me, "Mom, I don't have any friends," with a really sad face. She does have friends. She's got her little friends at church and she's got a ton of boys that live near us that she plays with. She hasn't had a girlfriend over in awhile to play Barbies with, though. I was looking forward to her going to preschool and making some new friends. The preschool that I was trying to get her into didn't get back to me until 2 1/2 weeks into September (I was really annoyed with them). She didn't get into that preschool because there were too many kids that signed up, and I was really bummed. I had even bought her a back to school present and new school clothes. Then on top of being annoyed with that, all of my kids have been sick for the past 3 weeks and all three of them got ear infections this week (So yup, been to the doctor 3 times in a week and I may need to go again). The babies also got some sort of eye infection, which has now been passed to me. So we've all been a bit grumpy over here.

Anyway, there are a few women from church who are doing a preschool, which is what we did last winter. I was afraid that it was too late for Hannah to add to the bunch since they started two and half weeks ago, but the women were so kind to let her join.

She's all over her sickness, and today was her first day of preschool. She had a great time, and she loved the present that I got her (a necklace and matching ring). She's even sleeping with them tonight. Besides the fact that my babies are still sick and my eye hurts, today was a great day.