Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Peanut Butter Playdough and Sausage Casserole

Yes, there are two of my favorite things, and if you've never made them before, you are in for a treat! I've known about both of these things since I was a kid because my mom made them for me, and now I pass them down to my little ones, who also love them.

Playdough is so much fun for kids, but you know what makes it even better? Edible playdough that is filled with peanut butter goodness. Here's the recipe:

Mix:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup corn syrup
1 1/4 cups dry milk (comes in a box)
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar

It's really sticky at first but once you get it all mixed together, take the dough in your hands and try rolling it into a ball. It becomes less sticky, and you can play with it and eat it at the same time! It is a little greasy but so good! Ah, brings back good memories of being a kid!!







Second comes the sausage casserole. I could eat the whole pan of this by myself, but I refrain from my piggy ways. If you like sausage and chicken stock, you'll love this!

Recipe:

-1 pound ground sausage (if you like spicy foods, get the spicy sausage. If not, just get the plain. Either way is delicious!)
-1 envelope of Lipton Chicken noodle soup (comes in a box usually with two envelopes, but you only need one envelope)
-3/4 cup of rice

Cook the sausage in a skillet until it's cooked all the way through. Meanwhile, follow the recipe on the box to make Lipton chicken noodle soup in a different pot (I think it's just 3 cups of water added to the envelope and then boil it for 5 minutes). Then put the cooked sausage, chicken noodle soup, and rice all together in an 8X8 casserole pan. Cover it with foil and cook at 350 for 30 minutes. After it's cooked, stir the casserole and let it sit for about 5 minutes. So delicious and so easy!!!




(P.S. Please excuse the blurry pics. I'm using a new camera, of which I will post about later).