Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Couple O' Hair Cuts

I wouldn't normally post something about my hair because I realize that by doing so, I am somewhat forcing those of you who comment to tell me that it looks good, even if you don't believe that it does. However, I realize that sometime within the next year I will probably post a picture of myself at one point or another on this blog and I don't want someone to be like, "What the short hair?" So, here I am, blogging about how I got my hair cut this past week. Yes, I chopped it, and I chopped it good. It was really hard for me to make this decision to chop it because cutting off as much hair as I had was like losing an old friend that I wouldn't see again for a few years. I became close with that friend, and now that friend is gone for awhile. However, I am so glad that I did get it cut because I actually somewhat like the hair cut and it is WAY easier to manage. It took me like 15 minutes to do my hair this morning versus the usual hour or longer. Plus, I didn't usually do my hair during the weekdays anyway when it was long because I didn't have time. It was often in a bun or ponytail, but it will always be styled now.

Another PLUS to this hair cut is that this is the FIRST time in the past 8-9 years that I haven't had a single drop of hair dye/color in my hair. This baby is ALL NATUR-ALL!!! I plan to keep my hair short for at least a few months before I start growing it out again. I got the a-line cut so the back is much shorter than the front, which has been kind of hard for me because when I run my fingers through the back of my hair it feels like I'm running my fingers through Scott's hair. I'll get used to it, though.

Enough about me......I also gave Hannah her first hair cut this week. You probably can't tell from the picture, but the back is much shorter. Her hair was getting very stringy and mullet-like in the back, so I took a pair of scissors and went at it. Anyway, enough jibber-jabbering about our hair cuts....this post was much longer than I expected. Please don't feel obligated to tell me that it looks good. I merely just posted it to inform ya'll.



Please excuse the lazy eye.....the sun was shining bright

Jen- just got your comment and am posting this next pic for you. The back looks fluffy in this pic.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maran, I was just at your blog and pushed the back button and found a new post! I LOVE IT!-and I'm not just saying that. I'm tempted to do the same. It's nice to have your natural color and not have to worry about roots. It looks beautiful! -Post a profile :)

Marc and Stacy said...

Okay, I know you didn't want people to oogle over how great your hair looks, because you're so dang humble...but seriously Maran, how can anyone NOT love it? You look absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I always admired your long hair, but you look beautiful with short hair. I've been toying around with different ideas with my hair for quite some time, and this makes me so jealous of your cute short hair! I know I wouldn't look half as adorable as you though.
I seriously LOVE it. I can't say enough about it. And I called Marc in to look at it and he said, "Wow." :) He really thought it looked great on you too.

leslie jo said...

I like it!

Esther Noelle said...

Wow I'm shocked to see you chopped off your beautiful long hair! It is hard to part with isn't it? But good job, your a-line cut looks great! And sounds like it was totally worth it with the decrease in style time! Whew! I know what you mean - I only wash my hair like twice a week and only straighten it for the weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! It's so cute. I keep wanting to do something like this but have been too scared to try. Hmm, I may come to Utah with a similar hairsytle ;)

Jon, Teresa and Madison said...

Wow! Your hair looks really nice. I like it!!!

Wendi said...

It look so great! And I promise I'm not just saying that because you blogged about it. Wow! I love it! You are so beautiful Maran. Glad you like it too! Short hair is awesome.

Anonymous said...

It is very pretty. I really do love it on you. (I wouldn't just say that. In fact, if I didn't like it I wouldn't even post a comment here.) But when I was young I found it took longer to style short hair then long hair. Of course, I always wore a braid or ponytail and rarely, if ever curled my long hair. Does it fall in your eyes? Do you ever tuck it behind your ears? Do you have to use a straightener every time you dry it? Just curious as how you got it to look so pretty. Mom

Anonymous said...

It looks really great! You look like somebody famous, but I just can't remember who.
~Randy S.

Anonymous said...

Mom- I don't know if you'll check this again but I will answer your questions here. Yes, I do have to use a straightener (it only takes about 5 minutes) or my hair will look like muffin top. That's one reason that I don't really love the back very much because I really can't straighten it without burning myself because it's too short. I think I will let the back part grow a couple of inches. I also used a little bit of silk serum, but other than that I didn't really use any other products to style it. It kind of just falls into place. It can fall in my eyes but it's not too bad and if it does get in the way, I can put it behind my ears or half up with bobby pins. I had to buy some big earrings to go along with the hair cut, which kill my ears because they aren't real gold:) Any other questions??

Anonymous said...

OOh- love the profile even more! So stylish!

Anonymous said...

No more questions. Look forward to seeing it in person in a month. Love ya

Carrie said...

Maran. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair cut. Way to be bold. You are such a hot little mommy! Hope all is well in Provo! Take care!
Carrie Warner
www.benchwarners.blogspot.com

RachelBarker said...

WOW!!!!! I LOVE IT SOOOO MUCH!!!! You look like a HOT mama! You were before of course but seriously it looks so great on you! Yes, I know I need to blog about me being pregnant but I'm still waiting maybe a week or two. I'm just scared kinda, if you know what I mean. :) I go to the doctor this coming Thursday. Then I'll probably post. I wanted to call you but thought maybe it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
Talk to you soon

Brenda K. said...

I LOVE A-lines! Its such a great haircut. And no color, that's awesome...i always try, but then, i just like blonde...it seems to come back every summer despite all my "natural" efforts. And seriously, i have such a hard time growing it out...somehow it always ends up short again...maybe i will have better luck this time around. Looks great!

HeaTheR & ChRiS said...

I love it too!!! And I'm with Stacy...I'm jealous of your cute short hair!! :)