Thursday, January 06, 2011

Christmas

I thought this year for Christmas that we were going to be alone for the first time. I was kind of sad about that, but I'm glad that we ended up having most of our family in town for the holidays, which was so much fun.

Also, the day after Thanksgiving I got to see my friend Maren, who I haven't seen for two years. She and I grew up together and were best friends for the longest time. It was so fun to see her and her sweet family. We also got to see a little bit of the lights at temple square with her. I say "a little bit" because my kids were such monsters the entire time we were there, so we had to leave earlier than expected.

I really wanted to get a good family picture while we were there, but it didn't happen. This one is weird. Brynn wouldn't keep her head straight.

Now let's move forward a bit to Christmas Eve. My girls all got to open up a present, which were PJs. Brynn's face is funny in this picture. This is the crusty look she likes to give these days.
We thought that Santa would want something different than chocolate chip or sugar cookies this year, so we went with these snowman cookies instead. Hannah liked decorating them with Grandma Julia (who was in town with us for Christmas).

I think Santa liked them, even if they were a little big and disgusting after the first three bites.

We also left some carrots for his reindeer.


Christmas morning before all the presents were opened

Bailey and Brynn didn't really care about their presents. They just wanted candy canes.




I made these aprons for my mother-in-law and Hannah.

Such a cute picture of Grandma and Hannah.

Playing with all their sweet new toys

Bailey loves kissing her pet horse. We named it Maximus after the horse in Tangled. By the way, Hannah, Grandma, and I saw that movie on Christmas day. I've always wanted to see a movie before on Christmas but never have. I LOVED that movie. I thought it was the best one Disney has made in awhile (not including Disney/Pixar films).

Hannah got this kitchen

and this dollhouse for Christmas.

Here's Hannah's little Nativity Graham cracker house.

The day after my mother-in-law left, my father-in-law came into town. Hannah loved doing puzzles with him almost the entire time he was here.
I also got to see my mom and all of my sisters for Christmas (but not on Christmas day). I love spending time with family during this season. I'm grateful for all of the Christmas presents we received this year and all the presents we were able to give. I already can't wait for Christmas next year. Here's hoping Scott will have a job by then.