Saturday, October 10, 2009

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH DEAR.....

Today my baby turned THREE years old. I can't believe it. Time has just flown by. I swear just yesterday she was a baby, and now she's a sassy little three year old. Today she had her first birthday party with friends and I think she really loved it. I let her pick out the theme- The Little Mermaid. I was surprised considering the fact that she is in love with Barbies right now, but I think she chose The Little Mermaid because she had just watched the movie that morning. We had 7 of her friends come over and we ate pizza and played "Pin the Flower on the Ariel" and had a pinata FULL of candy. Here are some pictures of the party.


The table decorations

The cake- totally turned out lopsided and my cake decorating kit broke on me in the middle of it. Let's just say that I was really frustrated last night. Oh well, at least Hannah liked it.

The birthday girl

Getting ready to blow out the candles

The kids playing with balloons

Opening presents

All of her candy from the pinata

Her friends (minus 2 of them who were late because they got lost) eating pizza
Here are a couple of videos from her party.


P.S. That pinata was a bear to bust open. Scott actually ended up doing it because none of the kids could.

8 comments:

RachelBarker said...

I love those cakes! I think it looks great! Hannah is growing up and is such a cutie. She just has a sweet, gentle spirit in her.
You are fantastic mom!

kerrie said...

What a cute birthday party! Allie looked at this post with me and LOVED looking at all the pictures videos. She loves the cake you made (it turned out awesome) and loved seeing Sienna in the pictures too. She even prayed for Hannah tonight saying she hoped she had a good birthday. And when I put her to bed she said she "can't wait to see Hannah next week and give her a birthday hug." Anyway, looks like Hannah had a great time. Good job Maran!

Grandma Julia said...

I can't believe 3 years have come and gone since the day our sweet Hannah came to us! What a blessing for me...didn't know I could love someone so much as I do that little girl. She is my first grandchild, and will always be extra special to me! Bailey and Brynn have won over my heart as well...but that Hannah...she's my dolly! Love you Hannah!

Mom said...

What a sweetheart. Love her face while they were singing Happy Birthday. She looks like she had a wonderful birthday party. The cake is adorable!! Her outfit is cute too. Good job, Maran. Can't wait to see you all next week. Love yas.

Jen said...

Wow- great job on the cake! Ella is loving this post. She say's she wants that cake for her birthday.

Happy, Happy (late) birthday Hannah! You are such a beautiful, sweet little girl!

Emily said...

I bought the flowers at Honks and the Dollar Tree. Flowers at Roberts or Micheal's were kind of expensive. The flowers come in bunches so you can make multiple flowers from one bunch. I take the flowers completely apart and build my own flower and hot glue it together. I've mixed and matched them before too. It would be fun to have a little craft party and make some clips with everyone. I'm not digging my flowers so much and would like to make some more that match her clothes better. It does save money, I think, to make them yourself. Especially if people wanted to share flowers to save on costs.

Marc and Stacy said...

You did a great job! The cake looks awesome! I hope you got my text on her birthday. We are lame friends---I haven't been blogging or commenting much lately. Between David's wedding and my new calling as activity coordinator, I just feel like I have had zero time for computer stuff. But I miss you!!! Happy Belated Birthday to Hannah!! :)

Jon and Mindy Niu said...

Maran! This is Mindy Hogge. You have the most beautiful family. We just began our blog, jonandmindyniu@blogspot.com. Hope all is well with you and your sweet family.