Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Independence Day!!!

We had a great 4th of July. On Tuesday night, Hollie and Jarin and their kids came over and watched Harry Potter while Hollie and I got some ice cream together. After the movie, Jarin and the kids slept on our front lawn in a tent so they could get up bright and early for the parade. At about 3am I got up to go the bathroom only to hear the sound of the sprinklers on our front lawn going off. Whoops....luckily, Jarin was able to turn them off without getting completely soaked (sorry about that again). Yesterday morning we got up early to go to the parade. It's a huge deal around here, but to be honest, I don't really know why. It's basically the same thing every year and half the time the kids aren't even watching it. I guess it's fun for the experience and memories, though. I love that everyone around here is so patriotic. Here are some pictures from the parade.


Hannah and Kamrie

Sienna and Hannah smooching

Jennifer making Hannah laugh

The girls! Too bad we were missing Allie and Sam.

Most of the kids at the parade.

Family pic

This was the day before the parade but I thought it was really cute of Ella and Hannah.

Last night we went over to Aunt Jo's for a BBQ. The boys played Guitar Hero most of the time, which happens to be Scott's current favorite video game. Normally it's the young kids that are waiting their turn to play, but in this case it was mostly the big boys. It was kind of funny to watch. We came home pretty early because Hannah needed to go to bed, so we didn't get to watch any fire works.....hopefully next year, though, because that is usually my favorite part of the 4th. I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so cute. I love them all! Thanks for posting them.. I didnt get to watch fireworks either.. baby had to sleep. It made me sad because thats my favorite part too. Anyway hope all is well.. I better see you next time you are here!
LOVE YOU!

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Those are some cute nieces and nephews that I have. Seeing these pictures makes me miss being there on the 4th. I agree with you about the parade. It's really not that great...it's just tradition that we go though. I'm glad you guys are having fun with all the family. I can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

I love those photos. I have the cutest grandchildren in the world. Looks like you guys had a great day. I look forward to being together again the end of this month. Love ya Mom

JIll said...

Ah, looks like you guys had a great 4th.Hannah is such a little cutie.Sorry, you guys didnt get to see the fireworks.Dominic missed them too.We were lucky our monitor has long range on it, so we were able to take it outside while shooting off our fireworks.

Anonymous said...

That was a fun day! What are we going to do when somebody in the family doesn't live in that apartment! (I'm sure we'll think of something). Love all of the pictures-- except my double chin- wow! Hannah looks adorable in the first one.