Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Do you have the Harry Potter fever?

Well this last week I have heard more about Harry Potter on the news than I have about anything else. It's huge here in Utah (as I'm sure it is in most of the country). On Friday night, Scott and I went to Borders around 6:00pm and saw some kids already dressed up in Harry Potter outfits for the 12am book party (in case you didn't know, the last book came out on Saturday). On Saturday, Scott and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie that also recently came out. It was the first time we have seen a movie alone together since Hannah has been born. Thanks to Hollie, we were able to spend some time alone together and enjoy a great movie! On Sunday morning I talked to a girl at church who had gotten the book on Saturday afternoon and was already 400 pages into it. Some people go crazy for this stuff!! We have all the books and Scott might be getting the last one for his birthday ;) but I have not read any of them. I really want to read them all, especially since the last book came out but it's really hard to find time with going to school. I guess the movies will have to do for now. Anyway, this is the last time I will write before we go to California. It will be so nice to be on vacation!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is too cute! We are huge Harry Potter fans but not the type that will dress up and wait in line for hours to get a copy of the book. I am still waiting for my copy in the mail. Maybe I'll read it on the plane ride to CA. We will be there a week from today. Can't wait to give Hannah a kiss!

Donna said...

How cute with those sparkling blue eyes. I haven't read any of the books so you are even with me Maran. I have seen the movies though. Glad you finally got out on a movie date. Thank goodness for sweet sisters. Looking forward to seeing you all. Love you Mom

Jake said...

Great pic of a cute baby. I can't wait to hold her...we're getting baby hungry so maybe playing with Hannah for a week or so will help soothe that urge :)

And I'm assuming that Scott's gift of Harry Potter VII is on top of the Xbox 360??

Hollie said...

Where did you get those glasses? That's hilarious! We bought the book on Monday because we are Harry Potter fans too. Taylor is at about page 400 himself. I'm trying to reread book number six so I can have a fresh memory before starting book seven. I've got about 100 pages left. I can't wait to find out what happens next. I hear it's a good one!

Jennifer said...

Wow, that scar on her head looks real! What a cute little harrieta potter! See ya Saturday!