Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sickness

A few nights ago, I was reminded of what it was like to have a new born again. Hannah has been sick this week, probably worse than she has ever been. On Tuesday night, she woke up about 4 times in the middle of the night and I had to rock her back to sleep. I haven't had to get up with her in the middle of the night since she was 8 months old. It's funny how you forget what it's like to get up with a baby. I think this is why so many of us have children so quickly after the first because we forget what it's like to wake up with them in the night......and then there are those babies that are angels, sleeping through the night when they are newborns. Anyway, getting up with Hannah was enough to make me want to wait a little bit longer until I get pregnant again.

As far as me getting sick goes, all I have to say is one thing:

ECHINACEA + ME = B.F.F. (best friends forever)

For anyone who may not know what this is, it's a supplement that helps your immune system. It's awesome! I have the immune system of a pea (I don't even know if that makes sense) and I get sick often. Since I've been in Utah, it's actually gotten better, but as soon as I smell a whiff of a cold coming on, I have to take Echinacea. If I take it on time, I only get the small effects of a cold.

OK......this is about the lamest blog I have ever done, but I had to write something. Hopefully, I will post some pics of Hannah soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Hannah feels better. Madison's been sick off and on for a week. One minute she's ok and then next she's been w/a fever and needs her asthma treatments. She still doesn't sleep like a normal child through the night but the last 3 nights have been so exhausting! Jon has been sick, too! I take meds too because Mommys aren't allowed to get sick. Give Hannah our love.

Anonymous said...

Was she up because she was stuffed up or does she have an earache? Poor little thing. And yes, its miserable for moms when their little ones are sick. I'm glad Echinacea works for you. I use it too and it seems to make my colds lighter. Hope Hannah gets well soon. Love yas.Mom

JIll said...

Isn't it funny how quickly we forget about all our sleepless nights.I hope she is feeling better soon and also that you and Scott dont get it.Whenever my kids get sick, I just plan on being sick too.They love to snuggle when they are sick and that usually involves them coughing on me.Good luck with the echinacea, I am glad it works for you.I need to try it.

Unknown said...

I can totally relate to what you said about having an immune system the size of a pea. If I just hear about a flu going around, I catch it, I go from one sore throat to the next, and I had tonsilitis (sp?) at least 3 times last year. I need to get my tonsils out, but I spend so much time at the doctors already, being pregnant ALL THE TIME, and I just got my wisdom teeth out today, that the idea of adding another reason to go under the knife and have more pain, and have a "recovery time" almost makes me sick. And I totally know how you feel being up all night. I think it's been 3 1/2 years since I really had a good nights sleep. Someday...

Anonymous said...

I need to stock up on some echinacea. I've been catching all of Allie's colds and it stinks when you're pregnant because you can't take anything. Sorry to hear little Hannah has been so sick. Hope she starts feeling better soon.