Sunday, December 16, 2007

A lot of Stuff

This Friday we got the privilege of having our nephews, Taylor and Dallin, sleep over at our house. We had pizza for dinner (or "pita," as Hannah likes to say) and then played video games and watched movies for the rest of the night. Scott and I went to bed at 11:30 and the boys stayed up for a couple of hours longer. I guess Scott and I are getting too old to stay up late. Hannah loved playing with them and we had a lot of fun with them as well.
The next day we went to our ward Christmas party and Santa Claus decided to make an appearance. Hannah has never really been scared of strangers (although she would prefer her mom or dad), so I wasn't expecting her to get scared of him. Instead, she's holding up a number 1, for "Santa's number one!! "
Sorry.....forgot to turn this picture vertical.

At our Christmas party we had delicious Macaroni Grill (they've done this for the past three years) and played White Elephant along with a few other Christmas games. Last night we also had Scott's work Christmas dinner at a place called Wallabys. It's too bad all of this good food came in one day. I felt full the entire day.

On to other news, we went to a dermatologist on Thursday for Hannah's rash and found out that her rash is not eczema. He thought it was something called dermatitis, which I guess is some kind of yeast forming around her mouth. He told us to wash her clothes with a certain kind of detergent and to not use fabric softener. I heard about washing her clothes in this kind of detergent before she was born but she didn't get this rash until 3 months ago so I didn't think that had anything to do with it. Anyway, he gave us some prescription samples and prescribed us something. We started using the prescription samples and her rash is looking worse than it was, of course, but we are hoping that it will start looking better pretty quickly. If not, we will go back to using aquafor and assuming that it is eczema because that has seemed to work better than anything. Hopefully this will work, though.

P.S. I don't know why our picture on top of this blog got cut in half....it just did that on its own one day....it really annoys me, though, but I can't figure out how to get the whole picture on there again.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Maran those pictures of Hannah and Santa are adorable! That #1 is so funny! I have to make copies of those. You must have alot of money in your ward account to have Macaroni Grill cater your event. Yum-o.
Hannah looks happy with Dallin holding her. I'm glad she isn't afraid of strangers. Good luck on your finals and see you soon :)

Jon, Teresa and Madison said...

Hannah looks cute with Santa. Madison seen Santa on Friday and she loved him. I thought she would be scared. I hope her rash gets better. I had to use Dreft baby detergent because Madison was super sensitive. How long will you be staying in California?

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a fun weekend! I'm assuming that it was your home ward party and not the singles ward. I wouldn't think santa would appear there :) I hope that they figure out Hannah's rash--- it seems like an odd place to have a yeast rash. Is he having you wash clothes to get rid of the yeast on them or does he think detergent is irritating it? Wouldn't her whole body have it then? She doesn't wear clothes on her face.

Anonymous said...

Teresa- We will be in California from the 21st until the 26th. Jen- I'm not sure why we have to wash her clothes. I was thinking that same thing. He really didn't explain it to us that well....so I hope he is right. The rash has started to look a lot better, though.