Sunday, May 23, 2010

Update on the Girls

Thank you for your comments on our pictures, even if you left them on facebook. You guys are all a little too kind!

Here's a little update on all of the girls:

Hannah Banana-


Oh....this child. Where to start? One minute she's an angel and the next minute I could swear the devil enters into her body. Okay, not really, but she's your typical three year old. Very emotional. Like I said, one minute she's being obedient, polite, and an excellent helper. The next minute she's throwing a tantrum over something incredibly ridiculous, like the dress she has to wear to church or the color of her dinner plate. I can't wait for this tantrum stage to end. It's weird because she often seems so mature for a three year old...she's usually really great about sharing her food and toys with her sisters. In fact, she loves taking care of her sisters. She loves being a mommy to anyone who will listen, like the neighbor boys when they are doing something that she thinks is wrong.

She also loves feeling like a big girl and watching a movie with Scott and me. Every once in awhile we'll have movie night with her, and she loves to push the couches together and snuggle with us while eating popcorn. The only hard part is finding a movie that all three of us want to watch.

Recently she's acquired a new friend that she's named Sally. This friend doesn't actually exist, but she comes with us almost everywhere. Tonight Hannah was screaming in her room. When we went in there to see what was wrong, she said that Sally was spanking her. Then we realized that she wasn't really crying, only pretending. It was actually quite funny.

Finally, Hannah is quite the little boy catcher. I didn't think that I'd have to be dealing with this until she was quite a bit older, but I was wrong. I've had at least 4 people tell me that she's had boys fighting over her in Primary (Sunday School for children) and boys putting their arms around her. I realize that it's innocent right now and that they are just friends, but I can't help but worry about her future. I can remember pretty clearly what boys were like growing up and some of them were the devil. A few weeks ago we went to the park and there was a 6 year old telling Hannah to chase him. Then he told her she couldn't go down the slide unless he kissed her. I wanted to punch him in the teeth!! He was a cute little Casanova, but I'm not ready for this kind of stuff yet!! She's still a baby for heaven's sake!! I don't want to deal with boys. She also has a friend that recently moved into our apartments named Ammon, who asked her to be his best friend. He already seems to absolutely adore her. They are really cute together, but still, he's a boy, and boys are the devil until she's 21.


Brynn-


This child is the craziest child I've ever known. From her crazy hair to her crazy personality, she just makes me laugh. She's always making funny faces, blowing air out of her nose, and laughing at the silliest things. She also moves her head back and forth like she's saying yes or no a lot and seems to love dancing to music! Here she is dancing to one of her favorite songs.


Bailey-


This child has decided recently that she's going to stop breastfeeding. I apologize if this is a yucky subject to anyone, so don't read on if it is. I breastfed Hannah until she was 13 months old, so I was hoping to breastfeed these girls until they were almost a year, but Bailey is saying, "No way, Mom." She bites me every time I try to breastfeed her. It's become a little game to her. She bites, I tell her "No!", and then she smiles or laughs. Not funny, but you can't help but laugh at her. At least I made it to almost 10 months with her, and I'm still able to pump her one full bottle a day, so she is still getting some breast milk. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to giving my baby breast milk. I know it's silly, but I've been told several times by doctors and nurses that "Breast is Best!", so I'm doing my best to give them the best. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out how you want it to, so I'll deal with it. At least Brynn still breastfeeds without trying to rip off a part of my body with her teeth.

There's a lot more going on with my girls, but we'll save that for another post. I did also want to mention that my sister, Kerrie, had her baby today! Mia May, 7lbs 4 oz! I can't wait to meet her!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you for the updates on the adorable threesome! Its so fun to hear what their personalities are like because we don't get to see them but a few times a year. Love the videos and Brynn's dancing. How cute is that! I think Hannah is going to attract boys for many years to come. Good luck:)

Dad said...

Maran,
Love all the pics. Your family is beautiful inside and out.
I would like a picture or two for Fathers Day.
Love,Dad