Friday, March 13, 2009

19 Weeks

Sorry it's been a couple of weeks since my last post. My mom kindly told me that I need to update it and that she wants to see my belly again, so here's to you Mom. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be posting these belly pictures. I'm starting to get at that "not so cute" stage anymore. Sad thing is that I'm only half way done with my pregnancy.





Here are some fun facts about this pregnancy:

Movements: I've been feeling the babies a lot. I feel them everyday, especially at night. Scott actually got to feel them kick for the first time this week, and I tried to get Hannah to feel them too, but I don't know if she did. I'm excited for Hannah to feel them even more in the future.

Weight gain: Not sure because I've been going off of my doctor's scale, but I know it's much more than 4 pounds.

Self Image: Have you ever had an ugly day? You know, like a day when there is nothing you can do to make yourself look better? Well, I've been having an ugly month. Now that I no longer have morning sickness, I am constantly STARVING. This video basically sums it up:

*WARNING* This clip contains the Lord's name in vain. I apologize for that. Just be aware if kids are in the room.



Because of this, I have grown tremendously in the past few weeks. Actually, I'm starting to see Chris Farley in the mirror when I look at myself (JK). Even my face and arms are bigger. On top of this lovely weight gain that makes my eyes look beady and my cheeks and nose look gargantuan, I've also got loads of acne, dark circles under my eyes, and a hair cut that I despise. So, yeah, it's been an ugly month. I'm still waiting for this pregnancy "glow" that I'm supposed to get with the second trimester. Maybe because I'm having twins my body has decided to skip that whole "glow" thing and just go to the big, ugly stage. Oh well. Like I've said before, anything is worth it to get these babies here, but that doesn't mean I have to like it;) One thing that helps, though, is that my daughter doesn't care what I look like. Many times she'll look me in the eyes and say, "Mommy, you look beautiful." I am grateful to have a sweet daughter and husband who tell me that I'm beautiful, despite the fact that I don't feel it.

Anyway, life is good right now. Even though I don't feel like I look the cutest, I feel great and I love feeling the babies kick inside me. I can't wait to meet them. I will find out Tuesday what sex they are, so be watching back for that!

4 comments:

leslie jo said...

MAran I think you look cute! I am glad you are enjoying being pregnant.

Emily said...

I think you resemble your mom a lot in this picture and she's gorgeous. I think you look cute too, but I know what you mean. I feel like I'm constantly eating, so I know I've gained more weight in just the last couple of weeks.
I'm excited for you guys. Can't wait to hear what you guys are having!

Anonymous said...

You are one sexy pregnant lady! Honestly, you look great...it's all in your tummy. You make me laugh though. I love the beady eyes and gargantuan cheeks comment because I look at my pregnant pictures and that was me. Anyway, hang in there! I'm soooo excited to hear what you're having. I'm going to guess girl and boy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Maran for posting. You do not look gargantuan (yet)! You still look cute. I know you feel huge because it is happening so fast. You haven't really had time to prepare for it. Your clothes are still loose so that is a good sign. Your hair seems to be getting darker too. Maybe that is why you resemble me (poor thing). Love ya and keep up the good work!