Tuesday, May 22, 2007


It's Lottery time, and I am not talking about winning millions of dollars. Something maybe more important. Tonight, the balls will start to bounce to see who gets the first 13 picks in this years NBA draft. Tonight is the night that the Kings worked so hard for. Tonight is the reason that they missed so many shots, lost so many rebounds, and never played defense. Tonight is the reason the Kings never won in an overtime game, and the reason Kenny Thomas played so much. Tonight, our hopes rest on a series of illogical number combinations to see if we will become another great team as in years past, or if we will continue to be just OK. Here are the numbers we are looking at...1.8% chance of obtaining the #1 pick, a 2.1% chance of the #2 pick, and a 2.5% chance of snagging the #3 pick. I probably have a better chance of scoring hundreds of thousands of points playing Guitar Hero II on Expert Mode. (I might add, that game is really fun and addictive, and Maran said I can buy an Xbox 360 and that game if certain things get accomplished first:) Nonetheless, I am excited. As much as I love the basketball season, I get just as excited in the off season to see who is drafted, what trades are made, and who signs in free agency. The draft will be deep this year, but a top 3 pick could make or break this franchise. Thanks for putting up with me. We will actually find out in about 45 minutes the order of the draft, so if it is exciting, you can be sure I will write about it here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

More Hannah please!!!!

Anonymous said...

Considering it's been a whole day since you made the post I'm guessing nothing exciting happened with the draft. I have no idea how the whole drafting thing works but hopefully the Kings will get some good players...for your sake...I could care less.

Anonymous said...

So what happened? If you didn't get any good players maybe you can be a fairweather fan like us. (I'm sure you love us fairweather fans, being a devoted Kings fan). When in Utah- (the first time) we liked the Jazz, when in Sacramento- we liked the Kings, and now-- it took us a couple of years, but we like the Suns. However, Suns just lost in the playoffs, so now we're going for the Jazz-- can't stand the Spurs- dirty team.

Scott said...

Jennifer, I am thinking maybe you are bad luck. All those teams got really close when you liked them, but fell short. Jazz lost twice in the finals, Kings were so close to the finals, and the Suns went to the Western Conference Finals twice and now this year lose to the Spurs. The Kings and the Suns will forever hate Robert Horry. And yes, nothing exciting happened, we are picking number 10.

Jake said...

Yeah...the Kings didn't have much luck this time. Neither did the Celtics :( Poor Danny Ainge.

I haven't played Guitar Hero yet, but I've heard it's incredible. When you get it, let's jam!