Monday, October 30, 2006





Hannah has been doing very well lately.
Her belly button chord fell off yesterday (hence the picture of her belly) and we went to her two week checkup on Friday. She weighed 8lbs 10 oz. She is a little above 50th percentile in weight, height, and head size. She did very well at the doctor's visit. She really likes being naked while lying on her back. She actually usually enjoys getting her diaper changed, which was good because she had a huge blow out at the doctor's office. However, she didn't like it when the nurse pricked her foot for her PKU (I think that's what it is called) test. She screamed and it was very sad for me to watch but luckily Grandma Julia held her while it was happening. Speaking of Grandma Julia, we are so grateful to her for all that she did for us in the past week. She left right after the doctor's appointment on Friday and I know Hannah misses her already:) I think Scott already wrote something about Grandma D but we are also extremely grateful to her for all that she did for us as well. It has been different not having anyone here to help me during the day. I have to get used to spending my time wisely. Hannah does not sleep very much in the mornings so when she does, I have to try to get as much done as possible. I usually don't have time to get my hair or makeup done until Scott gets home, which by then there is really no point in trying to get ready. I am excited for the day that Hannah will let me put her down without screaming. For now though, I really don't want her to grow up. She is so sweet. I was just staring at her the other day while I was feeding her and my eyes swelled up with tears because I love her so much. Although life is going to be hard for the next couple of years and I wish I would have finished school before she came because I honestly don't know how I am going to do it, I am so grateful to have Hannah in my life and I know that everything will work out.
Obviously, I have posted some more pictures of her. We have a lot of pictures of her on her changing table because that is when she is the happiest. The picture of us together is our first family picture. Unfortunately we didn't get any in the hospital. Once again, I hope everyone is doing well and we will take more pictures tomorrow for Halloween and post them sometime this week.

P.S. Mom- Scott ate about 4 helpings of shrimp. I'm not sure how many shrimp come in one helping but it made me sick to watch him eat that much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So are you finding yourself a little more emotional these days? I remember getting teary eyed just looking at Allie too. I would cry over such small things because I was so happy. Some people call it post pardom depression but for me it wasn't depression at all. I was emotional all the time because I was so happy (and probably tired and hormonal).