Monday, June 06, 2011

Sew Easy

I wanted to make my living room different colors. I bought fabric to make teal and white pillows. After buying it, though, I decided that I didn't really like the fabric. Instead of returning it, I decided to attempt to make my girls some clothes. I've never made anything really hard before. Last year I tried to sew a dress using a pattern I bought, but you might as well have given the instructions to me in Chinese because I didn't understand a word of it. I'm a beginner and I don't know any of the sewing lingo. I've had to sort of teach myself how to sew, with a little help from my mom over the phone and tutorials online. The only things I've made are curtains, aprons, and pillows (which are all super easy). I really enjoy sewing, though, even if I'm not great at it. So anyway, I decided that I would make Brynn and Bailey some 4th of July dresses with the white fabric that I bought. Pillow case dresses are probably the easiest dresses you can make. So that's what I did. They look kind of like togas. I wish they weren't so loose.


Then I decided to try something harder for Hannah with the teal fabric. I was inspired by Cori's skirts to make one similar for Hannah. There are about a billion mess ups, but I think it turned out okay for my first try. Now that I kind of know what I'm doing, I think I will try to make one for myself.




I'll probably make Hannah a flower to match for her hair.

Anyway, I realize that these aren't much to brag about, but it was fun and I'm just the tiniest bit (or a huge bit....otherwise I wouldn't have posted this ;) proud of myself for learning how to do it.