Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Post That Turns Out About Hannah....

Well, let's see. These past two weeks have been somewhat eventful for us. We've been sick in this house, which is definitely not fun. Hannah has had a nasty cold for the past week and a half, which means less sleep for all of us. I'm trying my best to take away her binky too, which she only uses to help her fall asleep for naps, but have been failing miserably because she won't take a nap without one. Stubborn little girl! I NEED that precious 1 to 1 1/2 hours to myself. So that leaves me in a pickle.....do I take away the binky and give up my free time, or do I continue to give her the binky, despite the fact that she's too old to have it, for my own selfish reasons?

Besides this constant battle that has been going on in my head for the past couple of weeks, here are a few other things that have been going on:

Activities:



Ward Christmas party- We had a yummy Christmas feast and talent show with our ward a couple of weeks ago. Santa didn't show up, however, because our Bishop's cabin started on fire that same day, and unfortunately, he's probably the only one in our ward who could pull off Santa. Sad day for him and his family, though.

Work Christmas party- This year, good old Staples threw a pot luck as a Christmas party at the store because funds were too tight to take all of the employees out to eat. The food was good, though, and they had a white elephant gift exchange, which ended up being pretty fun.

Christmas Primary program- At church on Sunday, Hannah got to participate in her first Christmas primary program. She's not really in primary yet, just nursery, but our ward is different because we are all young students. There are about 7 kids, all ranging from 16 months to 2 1/2 years in the "primary." The parents of the children all had to go up with their kids, considering the children are still so young and have no idea what they are doing. They sang "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam," and I found myself getting emotional watching Hannah sing and lift up her prop sun every time the word "sunbeam" was sung. It was so cute to see my little girl growing up and yet so sad. I just can't believe where the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday I was holding her as a newborn in my arms, and now she's practically in primary.
What the "h?" (H stands for heck, by the way;)

Hannah flirts- Another indicator that my daughter is growing up. We met with our bishop on Sunday and Hannah was flirting her way into his jar of candy. It was seriously the funniest thing I've ever seen. She was batting her long eyelashes, cocking her head to the side, giving a cute half smile, and sticking her hand out for him to touch it. She charmed her way into getting four pieces of candy out of him.


A few other indicators that my daughter is trying to be a big girl:



Yes, that's Hannah shaving her legs. I caught her in the bathroom, hiding in a corner, trying to shave her legs. Thank goodness the cap was still on the razor this time, but I did catch her once really shaving her face. Luckily there wasn't any blood.

Despite the fact that my daughter has been really good at throwing tantrums lately, getting into trouble, being extremely stubborn, etc., I've really had the chance to just step back and look at her this Christmas season and see what an incredible little girl she is. She makes up for all of her stinkerness by the cute things that she does, such as playing pretend with her baby, calling her dad a "scraggle muffin," putting her arms around me and giving me a kiss without being asked, and using certain phrases such as "I'm just...."

"Hannah, stop touching Dad's Xbox."
"I'm just pushing the buttons."

"Hannah, I need to change your diaper. Come here."
"I'm just hiding in the corner."

Anyway, I love this little girl more than words can describe.

Somehow this post turned out to be about Hannah, but she's really just a sweet little girl and I am thankful for her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love little Hannah too! I love her personality! "I'm just" cracks me up-- she is so smart. We can't wait to see you all in a bit.

Esther Noelle said...

I say, who cares if she has a binky in her bed for naps?? When she stops napping she'll be done with it! It's not in public and you need to do WHATEVER you need to do to get your break during the day! My mom used to lock us in our rooms with bungee cords just to get a break.... no harm done! :)

Marc and Stacy said...

So much to comment on!

I agree with your friend Esther about the binky thing. EVERY kid is different. Montana may not have a binky, but I'm sure there are other things she does that two year olds "shouldn't" still be doing. There is no rule book. We are the moms-we make the rules!

Love the family Christmas picture. I swear you get more and more gorgeous all the time. I just got a scanner---I think I may scan some old pics of us and email or blog 'em just for fun! So many fun memories Maran---I love that we shared so much together! :)

That's SO awesome that your ward had the little ones in their primary program! I would love to see that happen in ours. I bet Hannah was the brightest sunbeam of them all! :)

I totally knew what the "H" stood for before you explained it! :) I love it! :)

Totally cute that she flirts! That girl knows how to get what she wants. Four pieces of candy...my daughter would have ended up with that too, but only because the bishop would have gotten sick of her screaming, "CANDY!!!!"

Love the vaccuming pic. Montana got a vaccum and broom for her birthday. Gotta teach 'em young! :) She loves to help. However, I'm pretty sure she'll probably never shovel snow with Daddy, like Hannah does. Unless it snows in EDH, which I doubt would leave enough for a shovel. Maybe a spoon. :)

SO SO SO FUNNY that she was shaving her legs! Good thing the cap was on...such a girly girl. They are SO perceptive at this age!

Montana says the just thing too---as if that's an excuse. I love it!

Hannah is adorable! You are doing such a great job as a mom! Got your christmas card--it's so cute and you all look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Her "I'm just" phrases totally crack me up. She is so d cute! (darn) hee hee. It was wonderful seeing you guys in November and now we get to see you again next week. Woohoo! Wish I could have seen her in her Primary program. What a cutie. BTW, ask me about David getting into the razor blades when he was three. Love ya